Title – Automotive Technician – Certified Mechanic
We are a fast-growing auto repair and maintenance shop that is revolutionizing the auto repair experience in the Newnan, GA area by utilizing factory trained technicians and the highest level of parts at a reasonable cost. We’re quickly becoming the go-to shop, specializing in Honda, Toyota, Acura, Lexus, Nissan, Infiniti, and BMW.
The Automotive Technician must have a mechanical aptitude and ability to professionally inspect, repair and maintain services under Motorist Assurance Program (MAP) guidelines. The Automotive Technician performs work as outlined on the repair order with efficiency and accuracy in accordance with dealerships, factory and Driven Import Auto Care standards. The Automotive Technician works with lube and oil filter, transmission service, alignment, computer systems diagnosis, tune-up, brake systems, steering and suspension. The Automotive Technician must explain technical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals which may include other associates and customers, as required and continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast of rapidly changing automotive technology.
- State of Georgia Certifications required
- A5 ASE certification desired
- Two or more years of experience in mechanical/auto repair related work. Professional hands on experience with lube, oil, filter, brakes, preventative maintenance fluid flushes, transmission, alignment and diagnostics is required
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to drive company and customer vehicles is required
- Basic math skills
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with customers, associates and management
- Must be reliable and able to work a flexible schedule depending on business needs
- Advanced understanding of under the hood, mechanical and under carriage assemblies
- Must have experience using a standard/metric wrench and socket set, screwdrivers, hammer, impact gun and sockets, prybar, alignment toe hooks, air hammer, tape measure, vise grips, torque bits, wheel bearing socket set, 12 volt test light, and oil filter tools.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, grip, handle, lift/ carry up to 60 pounds, and push/pull up to 60 pounds up to 2/3 of the work day
- Must also have the ability to lift / carry over 60 pounds and push/pull over 60 pounds up to 1/3 of the work day
Business: Line Retail
Location: Newnan, GA